- The main beat throughout is from "Sport" by Lightning Rod from the album "Hustlers Convention". Back up provided by Kool & The Gang.
- Bass line from from "Superfly" - Curtis Mayfield
- "You’re gonna get yours" - song of same title by Public Enemy
- "Now they got me in a cell" - "Bring the Noise" by Public Enemy which also includes "Get Off your Ass and Jam" by Funkadelic
- "Dance to the Music" by Sly and the Family Stone when MCA says "I’m on the roof"
- Tower of Power’s "Drop It In The Slot", from the album, "In The Slot"
- The movies "Jaws" and "Psycho", the last harmonica clip may come from the intro of the movie
- scream after "Come Halloween" is either Drew Barrymore from E.T. or the character Newt from Aliens
- End of song includes sample of Bernard Herrmann’s score from the movie Cape Fear.
- "Comes from a chicken, not a bunny, dummy" - Cadbury Eggs commercial
- Dolemite - 70’s Blaxploitation movie
- Taxi Driver - Martin Scorsese film starring Robert DeNiro
- Eric Haze, as in "the eggs did crack on Haze’s back" - a well know graffitti artist, who has his own clothing line available at X-Large and who later did the lettering on the covers of the Check Your Head album.
- Dr. Seuss - ("Sam I am" and "Green Eggs and Ham")
- Yosemite Sam - Bugs Bunny nemesis
- "We all dressed in black..." - lyrics to first verse of "Egg Raid on Mojo" Beastie Boys
- "Bloodclot" - a Jamiacan term of "exasperation"
- Humpty Dumpty - Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme
- "Between the lyrics "Sometimes hard-boiled, sometimes runny" & "Comes from a chicken not a bunny, dummy" you can hear Ad-Rock yell "RAY!" So you get Runny Ray from Run-DMC’s posse. In "Tougher than Leather, the plot revolves around the murder of Runny Ray.
- "Yo they just got my little cousin ese" - Cheech and Chong’s "Next Movie"
LyricsI looked out the window and seen his bald head
I ran to the fridge and pulled out an egg
Scoped him with my scopes he had no hair
Launched that shot and he was caught out there
Saw the convertible driving by
Loaded up the slingshot and let one fly
He went for his to find he didn’t have one
Put him in check correct with my egg gun
The egg a symbol of life
Go inside your house and bust out your wife
Pulled out the jammy he thought it was a joke
The trigger I pulled his face the yoke
Reached in his pocket took all his cash
Left my man standing with an egg moustache
Suckers they come a dime a dozen
And when I say dozen you know what I’m talking about boy
Humpty Dumpty was a big fat egg
He was playing the wall and then he broke his leg
Tossed it out the window three minutes hot
Hit the Rastaman he said *bloodclot*
Which came first the chicken or the egg
I egged the chicken then I ate his leg
Riding the trains in between cars
When I pull out the station *you’re gonna get yours*
Drive by eggings plaguing L.A.
*Yo they just got my little cousin ese*
Sometimes hard boiled sometimes runny
It comes from a chicken not a bunny dummy
People laugh it’s no joke
My name’s Yauch and I’m throwing the yoke
*Now they got me in a cell* but I don’t care
It was then that I caught catching people out there
We all dressed in black we snuck up around the back
We began to attack the eggs did crack on Haze’s back
Sam I am down with the program
Green eggs and ham Yosemite Sam
Come Halloween you know I come strapped
I throw it at a sucker K-pap
You made the mistake you judge a man by his race
You go through life with egg on your face
You woke up in the morning with a peculiar feeling
You looked up and saw egg dripping from the ceiling
Families punk rock the businessman
I’ll dog anybody with an egg in my hand
Not like the crack that you put in a pipe
But crack on your forehead here’s a towel now wipe