- "Kick it!" - "Fight for your Right (to Party)" Beastie Boys
- "Magnificent Sanctuary Band" by Donny Hathaway
- "That's right y'all his name is" - from the song "A.J. Scratch" by Kurtis Blow on the Ego Trip album
- "Who do you think you are?" - from "Mr. Big Stuff" by Jean Knight
- Bass, and rhythm guitar and lead guitar samples from David Bromberg's "Sharon" on the LP, Demon in Disguise.
- Certain chimes in "Johnny Ryall" that were taken from the song "Military Cut-Scratch Mix" by Grandwizard Theodore Kevie Kev Rockwell, which is on the "Wild Style" soundtrack
- Many of the drum beats (most after the line "bottle after bottle he'll always drink more") are from Paul McCartney's "Momma Miss America" from his solo LP in 1970
- The "one, two, three, four" chants can also be heard in an Ofra Haza remix of "Galbi".
- The wind noise heard in the beginning is from Pink Floyd's "One of these Days"
- "Ain't gonna work on Maggie's Farm no more" - from Bob Dylan's Maggie's Farm
- "Blue Suede Shoes" - song written and originally recorded by Carl Perkins, later by Elvis Presley
- "Louis Vuitton with the Gucci guitar..." - Louis Vuitton is a fancy luggage/baggage store
- "On the bass was boots on the drums was checkers" - the "boots" refers to Bootsy Collins, the star-shaped-glasses wearing bass player
- "Thunderbird is the word..." - Thunderbird is a cheap wine, also "bird is the word" is from "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen
- Donald Trump
- Ed Koch - former mayor of New York City
- Elvis Presley - was drafted into army in 50's
- Gucci - fashion designer
- Helter Skelter - song by the Beatles
- Pumas - brand of shoes
- Wonder Bread - brand of bread