- Drum beat is from Fancy's "Feel Good" from the album Wild Thing/Turns You On.
Drum beats from Steve Miller's, "Take the Money and Run"
- First and last beats from Sly and the Family Stone, "The Brave and the Strong", From There's A Riot Goin' On
- Ping Pong game
- "Are you experienced little girl?" - reference to Jimi Hendrix's song and album titled "Are you experienced?"
- "Cause you know why a you see H..." If you take the last five words of this line pronounced phonetically, Why=y, a=a, you=u, see=c, h=h = Y+A+U+C+H
- "customs jailed me over an herb seed" - refers to an incident in 1988 when the US customs arrested a man at the mexican border for posessing three marijuana seeds
- "Do Wah Diddy" (song by Manfred Mann)
- "Proud Mary keeps on turning..." song by the name of "Proud Mary" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Bob Dylan-famous folk singer
- Dragnet, TV show and pulp-movie
- Harley - Harley Davidson Motorcycle
- Miss Crabtree and Spanky (characters in Little Rascals)
- Mothership Connection (song and album by Parliament)
- Mr. Roper - name of the gambling addicted American fighter played by John Saxon in the martial arts movie, "Enter The Dragon" (also the landlord in Three's Company)
- New York Yankees
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac (the great beat writer, his best known book)
- Sorry Charlie (a line from Starkist tuna commercial)